Del Pilar Academy was incorporated in 1950 as a commercial high school by some concerned Imus residents and educators. The original incorporators were: Mrs. Belen T. Cruz, Mr. Jose N. Topacio, Sr., Dr. Mabini S. Virata, Mr. Eliseo A. Ocampo, Sr., Mrs. Ester T. Celestial, Dr. Josefa J. Ilano and Miss Teotista B. Topacio. They envisioned to provide a secondary education to the thousands of students of Imus who could not afford to enroll in the schools at Manila and suburbs or who could not be accommodated at the only private secondary school in Imus.
It initially held classes for some 185 first and second year students at the Imus Catholic Convent. Although Del Pilar Academy was named after the town’s patron saint, Nuestra Señora del Pilar, the school is non-sectarian. It has since inculcated and practiced Christian values among the studentry and alumni. The increased enrollment ushered its transfer to its present campus at Gen. Elias Topacio St. in 1955.